Tuesday, March 3, 2009

OIP Assignment 1

Memorandum

To: Mr Denry Ma (Trip Leader), Mr Chua

From: Xu Shaoming S10066203C

Student learning history and culture in wuhan

Subject: My Learning Plan


  • Learning objective

I want to learn from the trip is the history, culture, environment they live in Wuhan. And I want to learn it because the history says that the romance of the three kingdoms most of the war take place at Wuhan area and maybe can go for tour at chi bi. I know china got panda, mountain, river and I know that March is cold. The think I do not know is that china people throw rubbish everywhere and some of the china people do not know what we are saying. In my mind china got mountain and river look so nice and beautiful but at the side you will see rubbish. It will be interesting to find where Zhuge Liang live maybe go to the place he live can make me become smarter. I motivate myself using the holiday time to learn some history and culture in china. If not one month plus I do not know what to do I think mostly work if off day will stay at home play game or sleep like waste time. I intend to learn it because I can tell my friend what environment, history, culture about china and can bring them come for holiday tour.

  • Focus of inquiry

My focus is the history culture and building. One month plus is not long but still can learn about some part of china history and culture is good enough. I will focus on my goal of area exploration is to ask tour guide until I know everything. I interested in romance of three kingdoms. I choose this because many people talk about it. I passionate about history and culture in china because some of the television drama show in Singapore likes romance of the three kingdoms, lu ding ji and shui hu chuanwas and story talk about how they manage to survivor all the bad guy trap. Using their brain to fight back some of the drama shooting location places is nice and beautiful. They have different culture in china like Han, Tujia, Miao and ext. The culture celebrate different festival like Han they celebrate qingming festival, dragon boat day, Chinese lover’s day, mid-autumn day and Tujia have the hand-waving dance, unique wedding and funeral customs that do not have in Singapore.

Questions for investigation

  • See how china economy can improve
  • How people communicate and work together
  • How china student study in school
  • What they like to eat and what type of famous food can find in china
  • See what transport they have in china

Development of global skills

  • To learn how to read and write Chinese word
  • Learn how the play Table Tennis
  • Learn how to communicate with china people

  • Learning strategies

My learning strategies is anything I don’t know I ask my friend or teacher and keep in track of what thing need to do update information from the internet. Read more book and magazines know all the trench and new technology. Watch videos is the best as they can show you how it work and tell you what cannot do so you will not have any problem.